- Four general meetings/year
- Minutes of all meetings
- Information exchange sessions
- Lectures and presentations by consultants, safety professionals, distributors of safety material, representatives from provincial ministries and agencies, etc.
- Reports on lecture, seminars, etc.
- Access to an Internet based discussion list (OMHSRA ML)
- Access to Members Only page at www.omhsra.ca
- Biennial Professional Development Day
- Special rates on training and services provided by Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA)
- Discount price on the purchase of the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations
- Membership list containing the names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, fax and phone numbers of all Association members
- Special events
- Membership certificate, suitable for framing
- Lapel pin
This member is in an active professional and non-union occupational health and safety role. This may include: municipal & regional, government, First Nations council bands, utilities, conservation authorities, publicly funded transportation services, agencies, library and school boards, commissions and other organizations which are funded by a municipal or regional level of government, and comparable levels of public service organizations, as determined by the Executive.
Membership is based on the fact that the individual spends approximately 50% of their time providing occupational health and safety expertise to the organization. This may include internal Health & Safety Consulting, Training, Claims Management, Disability Management, Human Resources, Driver Trainer, Emergency Management, performing the duties of a JHSC Management Co-Chair, etc. A membership application should include a copy of a job description or posting. This member has voting rights within the Association.
By approval/invitation of the Executive, this member is in a professional occupational health and safety role from the public sector and is not an employee of a municipal & regional, government organization defined as a practising member. Their work meets the membership requirements of a practising member. An invitation will only be extended if ratified by a majority show of hands of all Practising Members in attendance at a general meeting. An Associate member does not have voting rights with the Association.
By approval/invitation of the Executive, an individual working in a field related to Health and Safety will be permitted to participate in the OMHSRA electronic mailing list. An invitation will only be extended if ratified by a majority show of hands of all Practising Members in attendance at a general meeting.
This membership is intended for participation by out of province members.
The Executive reserves the right to rescind such privilege, as they deem necessary.
At the discretion of the Executive, and by member request, an Honourary Membership may be conferred upon a former member of the Association who meets the following criteria:
- Ten years as a member (in any membership class) of the Association, or
- Five years as a member (in any membership class) of the Association, including at least one year on the Executive, and
- Is retired and is no longer employed full-time in the Occupational Health & Safety field.
Honourary Members will be exempt from payments of dues and will receive minutes and OMHSRA ML access at their request.
An Honourary member who returns to full-time gainful employment shall relinquish their Honourary Membership and may reapply at a future date in time.
Title of the membership belongs to the payer of the membership fee. The Executive may permit transfer of membership, at the request of the payer, provided the person to whom membership is transferred meets the criteria for membership. Practising Members have a responsibility to promote health and safety within the municipal environment and to assist fellow members with the development and implementation of effective policies and procedures. Only Practising Members are entitled to vote on matters presented to the membership for a vote. No member shall use, or permit the use of membership in OMHSRA, or the membership list, or minutes, for the purpose of active commercial solicitation.
Membership dues for the Ontario Municipal Health and Safety Representatives Association (excluding Internet Associate Membership and Honourary Membership) are as follows: Annual dues are: $140.00 (HST Exempt)
(This form is for NEW members only. Existing members please contact Donna Carlson, Membership Director, for a Membership Renewal Form/Invoice)
For additional information please contact Donna Carlson, Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org