- Six general meetings/year
- Minutes of all meetings
- Information exchange sessions
- Lectures and presentations by consultants, safety professionals, distributors of safety material, representatives from provincial ministries and agencies, etc.
- Reports on lecture, seminars, etc.
- Access to an Internet based discussion list (OMHSRA ML)
- Access to Members Only page at www.omhsra.ca
- Biennial Professional Development Day
- Special rates on training and services provided by Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA)
- Discount price on the purchase of the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations
- Membership list containing the names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, fax and phone numbers of all Association members
- Special events
- Membership certificate, suitable for framing
- Lapel pin
|Full Member:||Full membership is open to professional management personnel, employed by a municipality, who is responsible for the development, implementation and co-ordination of occupational health and/or safety programs in the municipality.|
|Related Discipline Member:||By invitation of the Executive, a health and safety professional, from the public sector, may apply for a Related Discipline Membership. An invitation will be extended if ratified by a majority show of hands of all Full Members in attendance at a general meeting.|
|Related Association Member:||By invitation of the Executive, a related Association or agency, from the public sector, may apply for a Related Association Membership. An invitation will be extended if ratified by a majority show of hands of all Full Members in attendance at a general meeting.|
|Internet Associate Member:||By invitation of the Executive, an individual working in a field related to health and safety will be permitted to participate in the OMHSRA mailing list and/or other electronic means. An invitation only is extended if ratified by a majority show of hands of all Full Members in attendance at a general meeting. The Executive reserves the right to rescind such privilege, as they deem necessary. The cost is $35.00 (HST exempt).|
|Honourary Member:||At the discretion of the Executive, Honourary Membership may be conferred on a former member of OMHSRA who meets either of the following criteria: • 10 years as a member • 5 years as a member + at least one year on the Executive|
Title of the membership belongs to the payer of the membership fee. The Executive may permit transfer of membership, at the request of the payer, provided the person to whom membership is transferred meets the criteria for membership. Full Members have a responsibility to promote health and safety within the municipal environment and to assist fellow members with the development and implementation of effective policies and procedures. Only Full Members are entitled to vote on matters presented to the membership for a vote. No member shall use or permit the use of membership in OMHSRA or the membership list, or minutes, for the purpose of active commercial solicitation.
Membership dues for the Ontario Municipal Health and Safety Representatives Association (excluding Internet Associate Membership and Honourary Membership) are as follows: Annual dues are: $135.00 (HST Exempt)
(This form is for NEW members only. Existing members please contact Donna Carlson, Membership Director, for a Membership Renewal Form/Invoice)
For additional information please contact Donna Carlson, Membership Director at email@example.com